Local Community Service
Local community service projects we do throughout the year include:
- Dictionary Project: Yearly, we purchase and deliver over 800 dictionaries to San Francisco third graders, many of whom have never had a book of their own.
- Thanksgiving at The Arc: Members supply, cook and serve Thanksgiving dinner to nearly 400 adults with developmental and physical disabilities.
- Harbor House: We support recent graduates of The Salvation Army’s Harbor Light Center, a local addiction treatment program for homeless single-parents seeking sobriety and self-sufficiency. After the participants’ graduation and re-entry into civilian life, we assist the graduates with essential household items for their new homes. We also provide Thanksgiving meals and holiday gifts for the families.
- Swinging Skirts Golf Classic: Club Two Rotarians work concessions for one week in the spring. Proceeds support San Francisco Rotary Club Two charity projects.
- Bike Build: Members of the Rotary Club of San Francisco, along with other community partners, assemble new bicycles for distribution to disadvantaged and under-served youth.
- Backpack Dash (new in 2015): A fun run in Golden Gate Park designed to collect schools supplies and backpacks for local schools.