Like all Rotary Clubs, the Rotary Club of San Francisco is primarily organized to be of service to the local community and to the world.
The Object of Rotary is to encourage and foster the ideal of service as a basis of worthy enterprise and, in particular, to encourage and foster:
We channel our commitment to service at home and abroad through five Avenues of Service:
- Local Community Service encourages every Rotarian to find ways to improve the quality of life for people in their communities and to serve the public interest.
- International Service exemplifies our global reach in promoting peace and understanding. We support this service avenue by sponsoring and volunteering on international projects, seeking partners abroad, and more.
- Youth Service recognizes the importance of empowering youth and young professionals through leadership development programs such as Interact and Rotary Youth Leadership Awards (RYLA).
- Vocational Service calls on every Rotarian to work with integrity and contribute their expertise to the problems and needs of society. Rotarians promote and foster high ethical standards in business and professions and promote the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupations.
- Club Service promotes the development of acquaintance as an opportunity for service. It involves the activities necessary to make the Club function successfully and achieve its goals.